Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Faces of Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka, one of my top 5 countries that I have the opportunity to visit and a big reason for this was the people. Almost everyone welcomed me with a smile and many of them asked me for a photo instead of the other way around.

Very nice lady, her husband and her entire family invited me in to their home for dinner two nights in a row. There are 9 people living in a hut opposite the tsunami cemetery. Despite the location they seemed like very happy and genuine people.




The sister of the first lady and it took me three days to get her picture, had to use the charm.



Same guy who helped me put up a photo in his neighbourhood.

Mother and Daughter




Despite the mean muggin, she was a very nice lady who provided me with daily breakfast on the tracks. The basket was impossible for me to pick up, lots a respect for the daily hustle.

Sri Lankan Fro



The Golden Pirate


Drinks at high noon. By this time, my friend here was well into the sauce and was telling many a story.



No comments:

Post a Comment